Every year Pinterest compiles their predictions for the top interior design trends of the year; which are based around popularity and pinning trends. So without further ado......here are the Top 10 home design trends for 2018 and some of our favorite examples to help bring your 'pinspiration' to life.
1. Sage is all the rage. Beautiful shades of this neutral green are giving the grays and 'greige' colors of previous years a run for their money.
Source: Design by Sarah Stacey. Photo by Buff Strickland
2. Resort Inspired Decor. We all want home to represent that safe haven; the place to unwind, relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of jobs, commutes, and busyness that accompanies everyday life. Everything from tropical prints, rattan furniture and spa-style bathrooms are huge trends and seem to reveal our need to slow things down and savor our own resort living right at home.
Source: Justin Coit via Better Homes & Gardens
Source: Design by Lindsey Lane. Photo by Peter Murdock Photography via: House Beautiful
3. Terrazzo. This 70's style flooring is making a comeback in a huge way. The current trend of this inexpensive material is going beyond flooring and being used from table tops to wall clocks. Gone is the traditional, sterile, hospital/office building feel and it is giving way to a much more modern, sleek and pretty style. This trend shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Source: Bettina Tomasone via Apartment Therapy
4. Statement Front Doors. We couldn't be any happier about this trend. Everything from the Pantone color of the year 'Ultra Violet,' to fire engine red, to a happy yellow......if its bold its on trend.
Source: Design by Ken Fulk. Photo Francesco Lagnese via House Beaurtiful
Source: The Roper House Chraleston, SC photographed by Dale Powell
5. Mixed Metallics. Mixed metals are still popping up all over in the design realm, creating loads of texture and visual interest. Try choosing a primary metal such as gold or bronze as your anchor and then layer from there.
Source: Jonathan Adler
Source: Design by Garrow Kedigian. Photographed by Douglas Friedman
6. Statement Ceilings. This could possibly be our most favorite trend this year. Statement ceilings have a timeless, chic effect that not only add interest but quite literally elevate a space to the next level.
Source: Susan Simonpietri of Chango & Co. via Architectural Digest
7. Patterned Plants. Move over succulents, its patterned leaf plants that are all the craze in 2018. Bonus: not only do you get natural beautiful colors and patterns in your space but they help keep your indoor air healthy too. Win, win!
Source: Photography via Rolling Green Nursery
8. Bone Inlay. Craftsmen for centuries have been using bone inlay to add beauty and texture to their creations. Bone offers a natural sheen and reflective quality that instantly adds character to your furniture and space.
Source: Produced by Orli Ben-Dor. Photography by Max Kim-Bee
9. Wood. Working with wood in your interior brings warmth and character. From ceilings to statement walls to paneling, give this trend a try to bring a new dimension to your space.
Source: Sarah Bartholomew Design
Source: Carlos Domenech via Veranda
10. Large Scale Wall Art. Nothing makes a statement quite like an oversized piece of art. Art is one of our most favorite design tools to capture a client's personality and taste in a most unique way. This awesome trend says go big or go home!
Source: Image via The Decorista
Source: photography via thisisglamorous.com
We definitely have some favorites out of these Pinterest predictions. What are some of your faves?